Tumacácori National Historical Park
Tumacácori National Historical Park was established in 1908, to protect, preserve, and tell the story of the old Spanish and O'odham mission church. In 2005, more than 300 acres were added to the park, reuniting the church grounds with a small piece of historical mission property and placing more than a mile of Santa Cruz River riparian environment, mesquite bosque (forest), and a section of the Juan Bautista de Anza National Historical Trail (“Anza Trail”) within the park. The riparian, mesquite bosque, and surrounding desert scrub environments within the park provide shelter to more than 200 species of birds.
Tumacácori National Historical Park is also part of the American Southwest Virtual Museum, a digital repository of photographs, maps, information, and virtual tours.